The Art Landscape Routes – Cortiçada and Water lines – are a Manifesto for change in the Landscape:
1. Each art work signals a specific place in the landscape, both geographically and culturaly.
2. In these Public Art interventions, each art work is a creation routed in the place characteristics, in the memories and aspirations of its inhabitants.
3. The contemporary creation dialogues with the cultural and geographical landscape, intensifying its aesthetic enjoyment.
4. The involvement of people and places, from creation to the art work delivery, is a long term instrument of development, both economic, social and territorial.
5. The art landscape routes' access are free and democratic and include the inhabited landscape experience with their art works.
6. The art landscape routes promote the reencounter between communities and their territory, opening new perspectives of attracting people to these territories and evolving landscape qualities.
A collective Manifesto of Marta Aguiar, Mariana Costa and Sofia Marques de Aguiar
Cortiçada Art Landscape Route, 2019/2020
Water Lines Art Landscape Route, 2020/2021